28th SGIFF: In Conversation | The Song of Scorpions
Patterned like the music of Rajasthan’s desert civilization and unfurling like a folktale, The Song of Scorpions explores another mystic realm related to love - reflecting on possession, revenge and compassion. Anup Singh’s stunning feature stars Iranian actress Golshifteh Farahani, fresh off her Paterson fame, and acclaimed Indian actor Irrfan Khan as two individuals confronted by their desires, fury and fervor amidst the unforgiving sparseness of their homeland. Join us in this In Conversation session with the director and cast, and find out how much of their own passions radiate within the film.
Anup Singh’s first feature film, The Name of a River (2001) was invited to more than 30 festivals. His second, the award-winning QISSA - The Tale of a Lonely Ghost (2013), had its World Première at Toronto. The Song of Scorpions, his third feature, had its world premiere at the Locarno Film Festival 2017.
Acclaimed by critics as one of the best actor of his generation, award-winning Indian actor Irrfan Khan’s career spans over more than 70 films in India, the UK and Hollywood, including Salaam Bombay! (1988), The Namesake (2007), Slumdog Millionaire (2008), Life of Pi (2012), The Lunchbox (2013), The Jungle Book (2016) and more. In 2011, Khan received the Padma Shri, India's fourth highest civilian honour for his contribution to the field of the arts.
Golshifteh Farahani is an Iranian actress, musician and singer who lives in France. Farahani has acted in 25 films, many of which have received international recognition. In recent years she has played a leading role in movies by well-known Iranian and international directors, including Asghar Farhadi, Jim Jarmusch and Ridley Scott, amongst others.
In attendance: Director Anup Singh and Cast Waheeda Rehman
The Song of Scorpions will be screened as part of the Special Presentation section on 24 November, 8pm at Marina Bay Sands Grand Theatre.
Official Website: sgiff.com
- A fully refundable fee of $5 is charged for each ticket booking.
- On the event, simply present the e-ticket at the Front-of-House desk. The refund will be processed electronically via Peatix. Otherwise, the ticket will be forfeited.
- Registration closes 24th November 2017, 2pm. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time.
- Should the refund be done before the credit cardcut-off date, no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund appear separately on the credit card statement.
- Should the refund be done after the credit card cut-off date, Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
- Peatix accepts VISA, Master, Paypal and AMEX.
Full Offscreen Events: sgiff2017.peatix.com
Enquiries: +65 6509 4749 / email@example.com
- The event description was updated. Diff#297215 2017-11-22 04:35:21
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM SGT
- ArtScience Museum, Expression Gallery, Level 4
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- 6 Bayfront Ave, Singapore 018974 Singapore